Shopping for Repair & Services
Ask the right questions, get the right answers
We want you to ask the right questions of your dealership service centre. We will be in charge of the vehicle that could save your life.
It’s impossible to compare car services or repairs on price.
If you want to buy a new camera, you can call different stores with a model number and ask for their price. The camera is the same, so you’re comparing the price of the same thing at different shops. However, when you call up about, say, the cost of a service for a Fiat Ducato, you can’t compare the price of exactly the same thing, because non-dealer service outlets have a different idea of what the service includes. There are hundreds of variables involved, and cheapest is rarely the best. There are times when a more expensive choice may be more prudent, especially in matters where safety is at risk. Low prices can often mean that corners are being cut in order to still make a profit. After all nobody works for free.
So ask these specific questions instead:
- Do you offer the complete minimum service as outlined in my owner’s manual?
- What brand and quality of parts will you use on my car?
- What are the qualifications and experience of the technician & workshop performing the work? (You want to be certain you are receiving proper advice and high-quality workmanship).
- Is your workshop clean, organised and fully equipped? (Good sign of high workmanship & standards).
- Do you have testimonials from satisfied clients on your website? Do they even have a website?
- Can you offer a 12 Month 20 000 km Nation Wide Warranty?
Are you affiliated with industry leaders such as RACQ, MTAQ,
At East Coast Commercial Service, we will never rip you off. If we’ve suggested repairs or maintenance, it’s because your car needs them. Left unchecked, the problems will only get worse and will compromise safety and reliability.
Book your car in now and allow us to bring your car up to a completely safe and reliable standard. Early intervention is the key to safe and reliable motoring.